Thursday, August 30, 2007

571. Squeeze Play (Kate Angell)

Synopsis from Amazon UK:
Hoping for a line drive straight down the altar, pro baseball player Risk Kincaid is determined to prove to the woman of his dreams, feisty coffee shop owner Jacy Grayson, that they are meant to be together, which is no easy task.

My rating: 3 stars

My review: The book could have been good but was ruined by a couple of small points (pretty insignificant but get on my nerves):
1. Stevie and Zen drink Coors -- even non-beer drinkers know that Coors is a horrible beer.
2. Jacy's sense of style is god-awful -- I can only take so much of "eccentric fashion" before I feel like my mental retinas are burning due to the discordant colors and patterns.
The secondary characters, especially the Bat Pack, are very funny and one of the best aspects of the book. Overall, a quick read which had some memorable moments.

No comments: