Tuesday, August 28, 2007

561. Dark Voyage (Alan Furst)

Synopsis from Amazon Canada:
May 1941. At four in the morning, a rust-streaked tramp freighter steams up the Tagus River to dock at the port of Lisbon. She is the Santa Rosa, she flies the flag of neutral Spain and is in Lisbon to load cork oak, tinned sardines, and drums of cooking oil bound for the Baltic port of Malm̦. But she is not the Santa Rosa. She is the Noordendam, a Dutch freighter. Under the command of Captain Eric DeHaan, she sails for the Intelligence Division of the British Royal Navy, and she will load detection equipment for a clandestine operation on the Swedish coast Рa secret mission, a dark voyage.

My rating: 4 stars

2 comments:

pussreboots said...

I read Dark Voyage back in June and enjoyed it too.

sally said...

Thanks for checking out my blog and for posting a comment!

I read this book first and then I read "Blood of Victory." I'm not sure which was written first but I enjoyed this book MUCH more. Have you read "Blood of Victory"?